The electricity supply in Timor-Leste is improving, but major challenges remain. Some of the common issues include:
- Continuity of supply. Loss of power supply, sometimes for long periods.
- Power surges and lightning strikes. These have the potential to destroy or severely damage sensitive electronic equipment, such as servers, computers and telecommunications equipment.
- Voltage sags or brownouts. A drop in voltage below the operating tolerance of equipment, causing it to operate unreliably or to fail.
We offer two types of solutions to these problems:
- Whole-of-site surge protection. A power protection solution that fully protects your valuable investment in equipment, regardless of how and where it is connected.
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS). Provides backup power during a power failure or a voltage sag, and surge protection. We are the exclusive distributor and warranty service centre for the Power Shield UPS range in Timor-Leste.
Did you know?
The lead acid batteries used in all UPS units degrade quickly in storage if they are not properly cared for. Most UPS equipment purchased in Timor-Leste is delivered with heat-damaged batteries.
UPS batteries must be stored with a full charge in very cool conditions. For example, a battery stored at 40ºC (104ºF) for 1 year will permanently lose 38% of its capacity. This means longer charging times and shorter run times when the power fails. It also means that you will need to replace the battery sooner.
For more information about storing batteries, read this Battery University article.
We guarantee to supply only UPS equipment with batteries in excellent condition. To do this:
- We keep our UPS stock in our climate-controlled storage facility in Dili.
- We directly import all our equipment so we have full control over how it is treated at all times.
- We fully charge all UPS units before storage.
Why buy from us?
We understand the importance of reliable, safe power. As suppliers of robust, fault-tolerant IT networks, an effective power management system is a key component of every solution that we design.
We are the exclusive authorised distributor and warranty centre for Power Shield power systems in Timor-Leste.
Why Power Shield?
Read about the Power Shield UPS range.
- Australian-designed quality.
- A full range of uninterruptible power supply units from 1600VA personal units to large-scale three-phase solutions for complex industrial applications.
- A 1-year manufacturer’s warranty. Other brands sold in Timor-Leste are usually sold without any warranty at all.
- We are the exclusive Power Shield service centre for Timor-Leste.
- All Power Shield repair work is carried out in our Dili service centre.
- Our Power Shield technicians are trained in Australia at Power Shield head office by their engineers.
How to buy
For more information about Power Shield UPS equipment, please contact us.